[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 00:11:56 CET 2007

On 2/7/07, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:

> I don't want to add yet another config option, either we let the power
> button work directly while playback, or we ask for confirmation on
> playback. Whatever the majority wants.

Recording is one thing but I've never seen a VCR, DVD player, DVR, etc. that
asks you to confirm if you hit the power button during playback.  People
don't usually hit a power button on accident, they hit it expecting that the
device shut off.  If I hit the power button on my dvd player while I'm
watching a movie, I don't have to confirm anything.  I hit the button and go
on my way without waiting around to see what happens.  This is by far the
most common behavior of any device with a power button.  I'm honestly
surprised forcing conditions on the power button is even a consideration!
The idea was bad from the start (sorry Rolf Ahrenberg).