[vdr] vdr-xine loses OSD and sound

Tuomas Jormola tjormola at cc.hut.fi
Thu Feb 8 11:13:07 CET 2007

Hi,

On 7.2.2007, at 21:57, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tuomas Jormola wrote:
>
>> System:
>> Ubuntu Edgy (kernel 2.6.17)
>> Technotrend FF DVB-C 2.1 with firmware dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622
>> Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
>> nVidia Geforce 6200 with driver 8776
>
> I can confirm the OSD issue even with driver 9746. I'll have a look at
> it probably next week.
Sounds great, thank you! In the mean time I downgraded to version
7184 and OSD is working fine now.

>> VDR 1.4.5, vdr-xine 0.7.10 (no other plugins besides vdr-xine)
>> xine-lib and xine-ui from CVS compiled on 2006/12/12
>> xine is started using command:
>> xine --post expand:centre_crop_out_mode=1 --post vdr_video --post
>> vdr_audio --deinterlace --video-driver xvmc --audio-driver alsa
>
> Would you mind using xxmc or xv until the OSD issue is fixed.
At least with driver 8776 using xxmc or xv didn't bring back OSD.

>> --no-splash --fullscreen --hide-gui
>> vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
>> Alsa is configured to use optical audio port on the motherboard,
>> which
>> is connected to an external receiver. vdr-xine is configured to get
>> primary device on Xine connect.
>
> I'm sorry, I've no hint for you concerning the audio issue.
This was my mistake, after some investigation the culprit was
incorrectly compiled xine-lib. Audio is fine for me now, this issue
had nothing to do with OSD problems (though at first it looked like
these issues were connected).

Tuomas