[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:29:02 CET 2007

On 2/7/07, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I'd also say that the Power button should shutdown without confirmation
> unless there is a recording going on or a plugin is Active().
>
> To avoid accidental shutdowns it might still prompt the user with
> "Shutdown - press any key to stay up" or something like that for a
> few seconds, but it shouldn't be necessary to confirm anything, even
> if a replay is currently going on.

I appreciate your input on the issue, it seems that we're pretty much on the
same page.  I think your method of dealing with an accidental shutdown best
suits the situation.

One question though...  Say I have the sysinfo or femon plugin screen up,
would this mean the plugin is Active() and would prevent a power button
shutdown?  This should not override a power button shutdown.