[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Thu Feb 8 18:36:04 CET 2007

VDR User wrote:
> On 2/7/07, *Klaus Schmidinger* <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
> <mailto:Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de>> wrote:
>
>     I'd also say that the Power button should shutdown without confirmation
>     unless there is a recording going on or a plugin is Active().
>
>     To avoid accidental shutdowns it might still prompt the user with
>     "Shutdown - press any key to stay up" or something like that for a
>     few seconds, but it shouldn't be necessary to confirm anything, even
>     if a replay is currently going on.
>

> I appreciate your input on the issue, it seems that we're pretty much on
> the same page.  I think your method of dealing with an accidental
> shutdown best suits the situation.
>
> One question though...  Say I have the sysinfo or femon plugin screen
> up, would this mean the plugin is Active() and would prevent a power
> button shutdown?  This should not override a power button shutdown.

A plugin is considered "active" if its Active() function returns a string.
So it's entirely up to the plugin whether or not it wants to prevent a
shutdown. However, just having a plugin's menu screen open shouldn't
mean the plugin is active. Plugin activity is something like burning
a DVD or doing some other stuff that shouldn't be interrupted.

Klaus