[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 20:30:50 CET 2007

VDR User wrote:
> Also, the user "inactivity" stuff is again, a bad idea.  Vdr should not
> assume anything or take action just because the user hasn't interacted
> with it in a while.  This type of behavior is simply not consistent with
> other devices and not a behavior the user would expect.  My tv will not
> turn itself off based on my 'inactivity'.

You can set the config option "Min User Inactivity" to 0, and VDR wont
ever get 'inactive' by itself.

(with one exception, if a recording is going on and you press the power
key, VDR will do the shutdown at end of recording. Technically this is
user inactivity.)

The inactivity shutdown is nice as a fallback, for example if I just
forgot to shut down, or if a power failure caused a reboot to make sure
the wakeup is re-programmed.

Cheers,

Udo