[vdr] ERROR: video data stream broken on second dvb card , but szap works (include recording)

Dieter Bloms dieter at bloms.de
Sat Feb 10 10:43:36 CET 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 10, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> > Feb  9 12:02:00 video vdr: [30529] switching device 2 to channel 1
> > Feb  9 12:02:09 video vdr: [30537] frontend 1 timed out while tuning to channel 1, tp 111836
> > Feb  9 12:02:32 video vdr: [30603] ERROR: video data stream broken
> >
> > so why can I get ts streams from the second dvb card and vdr doesn't get
> > any bytes ?
>
> As you can see from the above lines, tuning fails for device 2 (=
> frontend 1) as VDR reports a timeout about 10 seconds after switching to
> this channel. VDR retries tuning in that case, but further reports are
> suppressed for the next 60 seconds so you don't see a second timeout report.
>
> Finally, after 30 seconds, the recording thread issues an emergency exit
> as it didn't see any data (=> video data stream broken) as the device
> was not able to tune to the channel.
>
> Is your DiSEqC setup correct (in case you are using DiSEqC)?

I don't have a diseqc setup, I have a twin lnb and both dvb cards are
connected directly.

It worked in the past, ok many timeouts, but after reloading the driver
and restart of vdr it worked.

I was amazed that vdr can not tune to a channel and szap can do it
without reloading the driver !

Maybe they use differnt methods to switch the channels.

--
Gruß

  Dieter