[vdr] Hauppauge remote control and opensuse 10.2

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sun Feb 11 03:22:11 CET 2007

In <45CE682B.4000104 at heraklit.ch>, Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> Hello
>
> Finally I upgraded from kernel 2.4.21 to opensuse and kernel 2.6.18
> The drivers are ok - the vdr-locations are strange.
> More striking: My native hauppauge remote-control does not work
> until now I used vdr -Premote and it worked
> What has changed?

You were probably using 3rd party modules before, and now the kernel has
them built in. Is it a grey remote? That never worked properly without a
patch for the driver. Until 2.6.20, that is. I upgraded today and my
remote worked without patching :). So try upgrading your kernel to
2.6.20 if you can.

I must update my HOWTO...

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk