[vdr] xmltv2vdr speedup and modification

Sebastien Lucas sebastien.lucas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:33:05 CET 2007

Hi,

I recently worked on xmltv2vdr.pl (version 1.0.6) and checked why it
was so slow on my mighty Celeron 233. So I modified it a little to
avoid reading all the xmltv file for each channel defined in the
channels.conf. The result is good : I can process my 5Mo xmltv file in
less than 10 minutes whereas it took at least 1 hour with vanilla
1.0.6 release.

I also added support for sub-title in the xmltv file (I think someone
already posted about that in the list).

I only use it for one week so it can still be buggy. I'll be happy to
take care of any bug found.

Hope this helps those with old hardware like me.

Sebastien