[vdr] xmltv2vdr speedup and modification

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Tue Feb 13 16:34:14 CET 2007

> But it didn't help at all with my benchmark.
> For information that change has no impact on my bench.

Interesting, what version of Perl are you running if those
changes don't do anything?

---

Futher improvement is that now it is unnecessary to read whole
XML-file into memory, as the file is linearly scanned through. So no
need to waste 5MB of memory if you are short of it.

--
# Read all the XMLTV stuff into memory - quicker parsing
open(XMLTV, "$xmltvfile") || die "cannot open xmltv file";

sub ProcessEpg
    # Find XML events

    foreach $xmlline (@xmllines)

--

=>
open(XMLTV, "$xmltvfile") || die "cannot open xmltv file";

sub ProcessEpg

	while($xmlline = <XMLTV>)