[vdr] UK Freeview Logical Channel Numbers

Rob Davis rob.davis at libero.it
Thu Feb 15 00:12:02 CET 2007

Andrew Herron wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I think xmltv2vdr.pl might be a better place to start for what you are
> trying to achieve... as you can point it at a TV listing web site and
> extract all the EPG data for the channels listed apparently based on my
> reading of threads on this list that is!

Yes, but not quite the same.

What I am after is an ordered channel list in the same order as the
official decoders from different providers.  ie, someone from outside
the UK wouldn't necessarily know that the channels go:

BBC 1, 2 , ITV 1, Ch 4, five.  Then BBC 3, 4 etc.

I know when I moved to Italy from the UK it took me about a year to work
out that Rete 4, Canale 5 were followed by Italia 1..

The channel numbers for several providers are already in Lyngsat, with
the channel frequencies and tsid's.. Why not extract the info and build
an ordered channel list for vdr in the operator designated order?

--
Latest news on http://www.streetcredo.org.uk/rob

Rob Davis