[vdr] RS-232 relay plugin adapted for the shutdown rewrite

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Sun Feb 18 18:27:51 CET 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:50:46PM +0100, Udo Richter wrote:
> Hi list,
> I've finished a third version of the shutdown rewrite. Again there are
> two patches available, one for VDR 1.5.0, and one with slight changes
> for 1.4.x.
> http://www.udo-richter.de/vdr/patches.html#shutdown
> http://www.udo-richter.de/vdr/patches.en.html#shutdown

I have adapted my "relay" plugin for this patch.  This plugin controls a
solid-state relay via the TxD line of a serial port, so that the
audio/video output equipment is powered off when the user is inactive.

Example of usage: vdr -P'relay --relay=/dev/ttyS0'

Note to Finnish users: the prototype relay box featured on the instructions
page is for sale, because at a later point, I installed the relay inside
the monitor to reduce the clutter of cables.