[vdr] Too many open files - error

Carlos Javier Borroto carlos.borroto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:52:21 CET 2007

On 2/20/07, Gavin Hamill <gdh at acentral.co.uk> wrote:

> What hardware are you using? I mean, what driver is being used? Is it
> dvb-usb-dtt200u  ? If so.. 'me too' :)

I forget that, I'm using a Nexus card, this is my lspci output:
00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

And dmesg:
[17307906.312000] saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem cec7c000 (revision 1,
irq 209) (0x13c2,0x0003).
[17307906.592000] DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge
WinTV Nexus-S rev2.X).
[17307906.920000] dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl
b0250018, vid 71010068, app 80f22623
[17307906.920000] dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer interface

I also forget to say that I'm using xine plugin for output, I don't
know is that has something to do, my nexus has the video output
broken.

> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-June/009718.html

Is funny, these mails were the only results google gave me, when I did
a search a few days ago.

On my systems the limits are:

$ grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
/proc/sys/fs/file-max:21190
/proc/sys/fs/file-nr:4320       0       21190

> I never found a solution, so bought different hardware :)

To bad, I can't do the same.

thanks
--
Carlos Javier