[vdr] Too many open files - error

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Tue Feb 20 19:32:06 CET 2007

Carlos Javier Borroto kirjoitti:
> On 2/20/07, Gavin Hamill <gdh at acentral.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> What hardware are you using? I mean, what driver is being used? Is it
>> dvb-usb-dtt200u  ? If so.. 'me too' :)
>>
> I forget that, I'm using a Nexus card, this is my lspci output:
As it happens so am I.
I have Nexus as a ff card and as a second card I have a budget card.

dmesg
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-CA rev1.X)
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-C  PCI)

The Nexus card is a ff card which I am using for video out.
Firmware is the latest with the avsync fix.
> On my systems the limits are:
>
> $ grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
> /proc/sys/fs/file-max:21190
> /proc/sys/fs/file-nr:4320       0       21190
And mine
$grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
/proc/sys/fs/file-max:50644
/proc/sys/fs/file-nr:1088       0       50644

\\Kartsa