[vdr] Too many open files - error

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Tue Feb 20 20:10:08 CET 2007

Kartsa kirjoitti:
> Carlos Javier Borroto kirjoitti:
>> On 2/20/07, Gavin Hamill <gdh at acentral.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> What hardware are you using? I mean, what driver is being used? Is it
>>> dvb-usb-dtt200u  ? If so.. 'me too' :)
>>>
>> I forget that, I'm using a Nexus card, this is my lspci output:
> As it happens so am I.
> I have Nexus as a ff card and as a second card I have a budget card.
>
> dmesg
> DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-CA
> rev1.X)
> DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-C  PCI)
>
> The Nexus card is a ff card which I am using for video out.
> Firmware is the latest with the avsync fix.
A small correction. I have two vdr boxes and I reported the wrong one
for the hw :)
The correct hw is:
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV DVB-C rev2.X)
So it is not a Nexus-CA. But it is a ff card and I do not have another
card on my second system. And the firmware is the same.
>> On my systems the limits are:
>>
>> $ grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
>> /proc/sys/fs/file-max:21190
>> /proc/sys/fs/file-nr:4320       0       21190
> And mine
> $grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
> /proc/sys/fs/file-max:50644
> /proc/sys/fs/file-nr:1088       0       50644
Also correct values for these are
$grep . /proc/sys/fs/file-*
/proc/sys/fs/file-max:50569
/proc/sys/fs/file-nr:704        0       50569