[vdr] mplayer does not work properly

Pasi Juppo pasi.juppo at iki.fi
Sun Feb 25 09:54:30 CET 2007

Pasi Juppo wrote:
> Niko Mikkila wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:58:57 +0200
>> Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo at iki.fi> wrote:
>>
>>> Strange that it works fine on the server and both have the same setup of
>>> codecs. Have to check further.
>
>> It could also be that the clip has AC3 or DTS audio, and MPlayer is
>> configured to handle them in a different way (passthrough). Can't think
>> of any other reason for the problem.
>
> Usually AC3 and DTS works just fine. Stream is sent to amplifier who
> decodes it. But, I need to check this further when I have more time..

Video clips were using AC3. They have used to work fine so I downgraded
to mplayer 1.0 pre 8 and now the audio gets passed through to the
amplifier via FF card.

The same mplayer.sh.conf works with pre8 but not with rc1. I added hwdts
to AC3 output configuration but this has nothing to do with AC3 anyway
and had not effect on the matter.

>From the log that mplayer.sh produces I cannot find reason why it fails.

Br, Pasi