[vdr] vdr on PS3

Clemens Kirchgatterer clemens at 1541.org
Thu Jan 4 18:12:20 CET 2007

"VDR User" <user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:

> A PS3 running VDR is more of a novelty item considering the price.
> For the cost, you could easily build a computer that can handle HDTV,
> be a lot more robust, and have money left over.

how this? HPTC cases alone cost 100E upwards, HD-DVD drives go for
200E, then you only have 300E left for HDMI GFX card, MoBo, CPU and Ram.
at least, these are the prices i get from google and ebay. so it might
be possible to get it cheaper, but this is not obvious to me. and why
should a PC be more robust?

besides that, i don't want to argue about a few euros here and there.
i find the practical and technical implications of vdr at ps3 more
interresting.

> I say this jokingly but not every idea is a good one mate!  :)

i must agree.

clemens