[vdr] Centralized VDR solution?

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 15:53:55 CET 2007

In <20070109104412.GA3419 at localhost.localdomain>, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> 100 Mb/s LAN is enough.  Come to think of it, the SDTV DVB stream is only
> a few megabits per second, and it is the compressed MPEG stream that is
> being transferred.  However, I wouldn't try this over WLAN.

The error protection in streaming protocols didn't seem to be able to
cope when I tried over WLAN (54g with not terribly good reception). IIRC
I was using dvbstream. However, the same connection nearly always worked
fine, except on one or two occasions, for watching a recording over NFS.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk