[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Tue Jan 30 21:05:32 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:08:27PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 19:28, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:50:46PM +0100, Udo Richter wrote:
> >
> > >   "Plugin activity in %ld minutes, shut down anyway?"
> >
> > "Liitännäinen toimii %ld minuutin päästä, sammutetaanko?"
>
> IIRC "plugin" has been translated to "laajennos" elsewhere in VDR - no matter
> if it's laajennos or liitännäinen, consistency would be good.  And "toimii"
> sounds a bit weird to me in this context, but I don't have better suggestions
> right now.

Point taken.  I'm not entirely satisfied with that translation either,
although I gave most thought to this translation.
It's hard to come up with a clear and concise translations of this.
Although "toimii" may sound weird, it is the verb that corresponds to
the noun "toiminta", the direct translation of "activity".

	Marko