[vdr] setting tv standard in /dev/video0

Stone syphyr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:28:38 CEST 2007

> But, this seems to make no difference when VDRAdmin tells VDR to "grab"
> the picture.

To summarize, when I stream /dev/video0 with VLC, it seems like VLC's v4l
module is setting the resolution in the driver to something other than PAL
because now for the first time ever, I can use VDR's grab command with a FF
card, in NTSC mode, and not have the picture look like the horizontal is all
offset. The image does not have horizontal lines in it now.  This has always
been a problem with FF cards, NTSC, and VDR's grab command.

Best Regards.