[vdr] VDR timer + mplayer = VDR crash. Please fix!

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 17:58:14 CEST 2007

On 6/8/07, Stefan Huelswitt <s.huelswitt at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Attached is a patch for mplayer plugin which closes file descriptors
> > (except 0, 1, 2) when forking mplayer script.
>
> Thanks.
> I took over that with slight changes. The final patch is attached.
> Could I please have some feedback if it's working as good as
> yours?

I have tested your patch severl times in a row just now and while VDR
did not crash once, mplayer playback was aborted about 20% of the time
when the timer was triggered.  This doesn't (or hasn't so far) happen
with Anssi's patch however.  What are the differences between when/how
he closes the file descriptors and when/how you are?

Many thanks Stefan & Anssi!