[vdr] Configuring vdr-sxfe to use a single vdr backend for recordings/dvb cards

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 19:15:46 CEST 2007

Hi again,

Can someone give me some guidance on how to confgure the following;

I have a central machine running vdr 1.4.6 (has all the recording storage
and dvb cards)

I have several networked vdr machines that i want to use to connect back to
the 'server' vdr machine. The networked vdr machines will have no dvb cards
(they will all be located at the vdr server). How do i configure my vdr
client machines to connect back to the server vdr machine and use its dvb
cards/recording storage etc?

Can anyone give some guidance on this type of setup or point me at a url
where I can find out about such a config?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew