[vdr] Configuring vdr to use multiple drives/partitions for storage

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 15:08:48 CEST 2007

Andrew Herron wrote:
> If I have some existing vdr recordings on another partition is there a
> way to include these so that they are visible inside vdr's recording's
> menu?

You can symlink the partition into the first partition as directory. Not
very clean, but should work for playback.

(but be aware that VDR's delete-old-recordings strategy expects that
deleting a recording /video/symlink/recording results in free space in
/video, and VDR may delete everything in /video/symlink/ quickly if this
is not part of any recording folder.)

The alternative is to do all the linking of files manually, just as VDR
would have done it.

Cheers,

Udo