[vdr] vdr-1.5.3 - LANG="de_DE at euro" not recognized

Joachim Wilke joachim.wilke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 22:00:16 CEST 2007

Hi everbody,

in my system the LANG environment is set to "de_DE at euro". VDR did not
recognize this character set. After I changed LANG to
"de_DE.iso-8859-15" umlauts are correctly displayed e.g.in the EPG
data. But I still get the following error in syslog: "codeset is
'ISO-8859-15' - unknown". What's wrong here?

I had a look into vdr.c and found out, that the dot is used delimiter
between language and codeset - as "de_DE at euro" does not contain any
dot, vdr fails to recognize this. Is "de_DE at euro" an invalid value for
this variable?

Regards,

Joachim.