Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Jun 12 17:38:23 CEST 2007

On 06/10/07 19:45, Oleg Roitburd wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 18:04 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> On 06/10/07 17:53, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Can't there be a *standard* for things like this?
>>
>>> +  strcpy(FontOsd, "arialbd.ttf");
>>> +  strcpy(FontSml, "arial.ttf");
>>> +  strcpy(FontFix, "courbd.ttf");
>>>
>>> I'd use some free-as-in-freedom font (Vera?) by default, that are more
>>> likely installed in systems.
>
> Bitstream Vera isn't good enough...it doesn't provide Cyrillic part of
> UTF-8 :-( M$ fonts are not free.
> My suggestion is liberation ttf from RedHat
> https://www.redhat.com/promo/fonts/

I'm considering compiling one font file directly into the program,
so that, in case no external fonts can be found, it can at least
run properly.

Can somebody suggest a freetype font that looks good, covers all
necessary locales, and is really free, so that it can be redistributed
with the VDR source?

Klaus