[vdr] VDR 1.5.3: UTF-8 vs. ExchangeChars()

Oleg Roitburd oleg at roitburd.de
Tue Jun 12 23:09:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 17:46 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The function ExchangeChars() in VDR/recording.c converts characters
> that can't be used in file names on Windows to "#XX", where XX is
> the hex code of the character.

Sorry ... I don't understand and can't find any sence.
If you export  for window, you make this with SAMBA. And you can
configure share with UTF-8
man smb.conf
-------------------------
unix charset (G)
       Specifies the charset the unix machine Samba runs on uses. Samba
       needs to know this in order to be able to convert  text  to  the
       charsets other SMB clients use.

       This  is  also  the charset Samba will use when specifying argu‐
       ments to scripts that it invokes.

       Default: unix charset = UTF8

you can drop VFAT part

Regards