Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jun 17 10:50:40 CEST 2007

On 06/16/07 23:26, Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Klaus Schmidinger may or may not have written...
>
>> On 06/16/07 18:28, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> [snip]
>>> Probably monospace:bold instead of courier:bold.
>
>> I tried both, and courier:bold looks a lot better to me (much
>> more like a "typewriter" font).
>
> That shouldn't be a problem so long as you use monospace as a fall-back...
> actually, since that's an alias anyway, you should probably just locally
> define it as being courier :-)

When I select "courier:bold" it results in "/usr/share/fonts/URW/n022004l.pfb".
If I remove the entire URW directory and select "courier:bold" again,
I get "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/andalemo.ttf" - which is exactly the
same as I get when I select "monospace:bold".

So I see no problem with VDR using "courier:bold" as default.

Klaus