[vdr] VDR 1.5.5: segfault in fontconfig

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 19:05:19 CEST 2007

On 25 Jun 2007 Luca Olivetti <luca at ventoso.org> wrote:

>> trying to upgrade to 1.5.5 I'm facing the problem that VDR
>> segfaults right on startup (no plugins envolved).
> First step is to check if you have some tt font installed.

I have a bunch of luxi*.ttf in the truetype font directory, one
of them is "Luxi Sans".

> Then check /etc/fonts/fonts.conf (and subdirectories in /etc/fonts) to
> see if "Sans Serif" points to an existing font (it usually point to Vera
> Sans or DejaVu, so you should have that font installed).

I find fonts.conf hard to understand. As far as I see, Luxi Sans
is linked correctly (it's default fonts.conf installed by

  Sans-serif faces
		<family>Bitstream Vera Sans</family>
		<family>Albany AMT</family>
		<family>Nimbus Sans L</family>