[vdr] Premiere UTF-8 fix for VDR 1.5.1+

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Thu Jun 28 22:00:02 CEST 2007

On 06/28/07 21:53, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>
>> Well, this might cause problems on channels that do adhere to the
>> standard and actually broadcast their EPG data in ISO6937.
>>
>> Maybe somebody should call Premiere and complain to them. After all,
>> it's them who are not following the standard ;-)
>
> Unfortunately they're not the only one :-(

Maybe some broadcasters aren't even aware that they are not
adhering to the DVB standard. So let's all call them and tell
them about it. The more people call and complain, the better
the chances things get fixed (at least that's what I'd hope for ;-).
Building workarounds into receivers is certainly not the right
way to go (even though it is, of course, a quick fix and may be
sufficient for some users).

Klaus