[vdr] softdevice with menu&audio but no video

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 29 06:57:57 CEST 2007

Stefan Lucke wrote:
> Quoting Darren Wilkinson:
>> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>>> Ae you using Xv output? It's prob the wrong colour key used for the
>>> overlay. Search the softdevice devel for a fix.
>>> --Torgeir Veimo
>>> torgeir at pobox.com
>> I forgot to mention that I'm using DirectFB only.
> And you forgot to mention which hardware you are using.
> With DirectFB we need hardware YUV -> RGB conversion support.
> Plain fb output mode should run on any hw, but requires some
> more CPU power.
> Stefan Lucke

This looks so very similar to the problem which occured to me some 2
months ago (similar hardware and video output method):
As I didn't have too much time to look for the cause, I'm still at
vdr-1.4.6 and using xineliboutput (working well), but now that I've
catched up with reading few things on the ML which seems interesting to
me, I'll soon try the latest vdr-1.5 as it now supports UTF8.

Lucian Muresan