[vdr] future VDR and Net??eiver OEM from Reelmultimedia

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Fri Jun 29 21:55:17 CEST 2007

On 29 Jun 2007, at 17:24, Georg Acher wrote:

> Actually there's not much closed source that affects the usage. On
> the PC
> side there's none, on the card side it's only the driver for the
> HDMI-chip
> in the kernel (otherwise Silicon Image would shoot us) and of
> course the
> firmwares for the internal audio/video-coprocessors (delivered by
> Micronas).

What's important for me (and I assume a lot of others), is that it
decodes any potentially codec in use for dvb-s/c/t and hd-dvd/
bluetooth (mpeg2/4, h.264 and vc-1), and that it allows output in
480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p, both in 48fps, 50fps and 60fps. If it does all
this and provides a judder free, tearing free picture, and can
reclock it's output to match the input stream rate, then I'm pretty
sure we have a winner at hand. And I would be glad to pay £200 for
such a solution if it does all of the above and works with open
source software.

I guess I have to wait to see what becomes available...

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com