[vdr] playing mp3's over smb (lockup)

Stone syphyr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:44:59 CET 2007

I have noticed that when I mount a samba drive on my vdr box and play mp3's
with vdr from it, vdr will often lockup and require a restart.  But, the
strange thing about this is that this only happens when using the mpeg
decoder on the FF card.  If I use vdr-xine as the playback method with my FF
card, then vdr never locks up when playing mp3's over the samba drive.
Would there happen to be a buffer that needs to be increased?  The lockup
always occurs when a new mp3 is just about to start.

Best Regards.