[vdr] vdr-1.5.1 & problems with the new shutdown code

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Mar 3 19:11:07 CET 2007

Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> I've noticed some shutdown problems with vdr-1.5.1 in my setup: when my
> vdr wakes up for a timed recording, it doesn't automatically shutdown
> itself anymore after the recording is done. The MinEventTimeout is set
> to 15 minutes and MinUserInactivity to 600 minutes, but in my case there
> hasn't been any user activity, so vdr should have shutdown in 15 minutes
> after the recording was stopped and the logs don't reveal anything
> unusual. Have I misunderstood something? Does this automatic shutdown
> feature still work in your setups?

It should work, and it does for me.

Check your log for the "assuming manual start of VDR" line around VDR
startup. This indicates that the wakeup was more than 10 minutes away
from the time that VDR remembered on last shutdown.

Also check your setup.conf for the NextWakeupTime entry, thats where VDR
remembers the planned wakeup time now. (This is a time_t, you can
translate it with perl -e "print scalar localtime(1172945228)")

Finally, there should be an "next timer event at" or "next plugin wakeup
at" in the logs around shutdown that also indicates the time VDR planned
to wake up.

Cheers,

Udo