AW: [vdr] Wakeup On LAN

martin martin at air-maxx.net
Sun Mar 4 21:29:47 CET 2007

Linux usually shuts down all interfaces, when going down (init 0) ..

On Ubuntu it's in: /etc/init.d/networking
-> it does an "ifconfig eth0 down"
Then WOL then will never work, since the LAN-port is without power.

You may check for:
martin at htpc:/etc$ ll rc?.d |grep network
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2006-06-07 20:45 S35networking ->
../init.d/networking
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2006-06-07 20:45 S35networking ->
../init.d/networking
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2006-06-07 20:45 S40networking ->
../init.d/networking

Try this: go into single user mode with "init 1" - check, if there is still
power at your network port. If not, your LAN is shut down.

Martin