AW: [vdr] Wakeup On LAN

martin martin at
Sun Mar 4 23:10:22 CET 2007

Well :) .. you've got a solution ..  maybe a "normal" board would have also solved the problems.

Have you checked S4 regarding Power consumption? How much power is drained? 20W standby translates into 30€ a year ..

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounces at [mailto:vdr-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Bernd Juraschek
Gesendet: Sonntag, 4. März 2007 22:04
An: vdr at
Betreff: Re: [vdr] Wakeup On LAN

> Regarding waking up at a certain time:
> Go to the wiki in read carefully about nvram-wakeup.

This damn Siemens D1605 board is not supported by nvram-wakeup. First
Siemens has some own checksum calculation and second guess-helper isn't
able to guess the CMOS addresses for the alarm clock.

Thinking about using ACPI wakeup, cat /proc/acpi/alarm tells me
"2007-03-00 19:03:00" with 00 for the day - regardless of the value
written into. But - I've not tested this with S4 mode.

Alarm wakeup is not urgent for me because I use my router to wakeup
the PC the right time. The PC safes the time into the router before
it hibernats. The router uses this time to wakeup the PC per WOL.

vdr mailing list
vdr at