[vdr] Handling of temporarily encrypted channels

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Mar 5 17:14:58 CET 2007

En/na Ondrej Wisniewski ha escrit:
> I am using VDR 1.4.5 with the integrated auto pid feature and without
> any CAM. When tuning to an encrypted channel, the CA value gets set
> accordingly and "channel not available" is displayed. So far so good.
>
> However there are channels that encrypt only certain programs and are
> free the rest of the time. When tuning to this "free" channel while the
> program is encrypted, the CA value will be set and "channel not
> available" shown. But when tuning to the same channel again when it is
> not encrypted any more it seems that VDR just checks the CA value and
> displays "channel not available" instead of checking the currently
> broadcast CA value. So the channel cannot be watched even if it is free
> in the moment.
>
> This is quite annoying and decreases the WAF a lot :-/
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this?

Edit the file dvbdevice.c, insert a line "return true;" at the beginning
of the method cDvbDevice::ProvidesCa.
With this modification you can tune to encoded channels, however you'll
never see a "channel not available", you'll just see a black screen.
This, btw, also solves the problem of channels that declare they're
scrambled when they aren't.

Bye
--
Luca