[vdr] Handling of temporarily encrypted channels

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski at ericsson.com
Fri Mar 9 10:37:21 CET 2007

Ondrej Wisniewski wrote:

> So I propose that VDR should always tune to a channel that is requested,
> get the current CA value from the data stream (and not from the
> channels.conf) and then decide if the channel can be shown/recorded.
> Does that sound like a good solution? Any obvious drawbacks?

@Klaus: is there any chance of integrating this modification in an
upcoming version of VDR?

Even though it looks like this topic has not raised much interest, I
think it is important and really should be addressed. VDR has failed
recording periodically scheduled programs many times here because the
program transmitted after the recording was encrypted. So the next
scheduled recording the following day was not started because the
channel was marked encrypted in the channels.conf. And VDR mainly being
a "video recorder" this really is a serious bug.

Ondrej ...