[vdr] Understanding how vdr's tuning algo works.

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Mar 10 00:16:34 CET 2007

En/na Stone ha escrit:

> 3) Does vdr care or know anything about a rotor setup where the channel
> isn't always present the moment the diseqc commands are sent?

Well, vdr isn't aware the dish is moving, so it doesn't wait for it.
This isn't a big problem for live view, but it is a potential problem
for recordings (it could cause an emergency shutdown).
My stopgag measure has been to increase the timeout but only at the
beginning of a recording:

http://ventoso.org/luca/vdr/patches/steerable-vdr-1.3.32.diff

The ideal solution would be for vdr to wait for the dish, maybe querying
the plugin(s) responsible for moving it.

Bye
--
Luca