[vdr] Info on function cSkins::QueueMessage

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Mar 10 20:06:24 CET 2007

lukkinosat wrote:
> I make a message with:
>
> cSkins::QueueMessage( mtInfo, "MyMessage", 30, -1 )
>
> and the message is diplayed for 30 seconds.
>
> But if I wish to remove the message before, what I
> must make? Exist a function?

As soon as such a message is displayed, there's no way to abort it until
either the time is up or a key got pressed, just as if Sinks.Message has
been called directly. Only pending messages that haven't been displayed
yet can be canceled with (mtInfo, NULL, 0, 0).

(For details: While the message is displayed, the foreground thread is
stuck in a loop inside cInterface::Wait().)

If you want to remove the message at a given time, consider using a
mtStatus message. These messages are displayed until they're explicitly
removed again. You have to use them from the foreground thread however.

Cheers,

Udo