[vdr] vdr-xine 0.7.10 buffering

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Sun Mar 11 12:35:18 CET 2007

hi,

as the kernel finally supports standby or spin down or whatever mode
for my SATA disks, I have set up an aggressive scheme trying to spin
down disks whenever possible.  The results: 2 degrees drop in case
temperature and a significantly lower noise.  And a playout "problem"...

It takes about 5 secs to start stopped disks.  It is not a problem
when starting a recording, but when recordings span over several disks
there will be an annoying pause when it is time to start reading from
another disk.

The live-TV buffering works like a charm, though.

Is there a possibility to configure (for example) a 10s buffering for
playback while keeping the live-TV buffering as it is now?

yours,
		Jouni