[vdr] 6-channel audio from analog?

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Mon Mar 12 10:23:38 CET 2007

> > My media box has 6 channel output LF,RF,LR,RR,C,SW which I'm using with
> > ALSA.  Mplayer plays through all channels fine (settings in
> > ~/.mplayer/config), but VDR sourced audio only plays in stereo from the
> > LR,RF output.

> Just add
>
> --post-plugin upmix

My command line was as follows:
xine --fullscreen --hide-gui -V xv -A alsa -D --post vdr_video --post
vdr_audio vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

when I try:
xine --fullscreen --hide-gui -V xv -A alsa -D --post vdr_video --post
vdr_audio --post upmix vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

the audio has a loud distortion over it???