[vdr] TV Standards option for vdr-1.5.x

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Tue Mar 13 09:05:14 CET 2007

Stone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In all the prevous versions of VDR, I have had to patch the
> FRAMESPERSECOND and change the rest of the hardcoded PAL values in VDR
> for my NTSC television.  Is making this an option in VDR on the TODO list?

I never had to patch my VDR to make it play NTSC properly. Have you ever
tried the videosystem plugin? I have been using it for quite some time
and it always worked flawlessly. It can be found here:
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=43516

For VDR > 1.4.4 You need a patch to make it compile without errors. This
one can be found here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-December/011336.html
Simply save the: vdr-videosystem-0.0.1-uint64-0001.bin.

Let us know how if it worked and how well.

  André