[vdr] vdr-xine 0.7.10 buffering

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Tue Mar 13 09:48:39 CET 2007

hi,

Reinhard Nissl writes:
 > If you show the recording's progress menu and switch to play (after a
 > jump to a cutting mark), you'll see that the progress bar advances very
 > quickly by 10 seconds, as VDR sends the recording data as fast as
 > possible (i. e. as fast as your harddisk can supply the data) to xine.

Yes, I saw this.  As I do not "cut" recordings, the 10s delay does not
matter.  Yesterday we watched one recording and did not notice any
hickups when the recording jumped to another disk drive, so it does
seem to work as expected.  Of course there is always the possibility
that the disks just happened to be running when the time to change
arrived...

I think this hint could be found in the vdr-xine manual, as it
certainly is useful.

yours,
		Jouni