[vdr] TV Standards option for vdr-1.5.x

Andre.Weidemann at web.de Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Tue Mar 13 09:48:29 CET 2007

Stone wrote:

> It seems this plugin assumes I am currently using PAL. The plugin takes
> the OSD-Settings from VDR as PAL-settings and calculates the
> corresponding NTSC-settings.  But, my television does not do both PAL
> and NTSC, so if this plugin assumes that I currently have PAL setup
> properly, wouldnt it calculate improper values for NTSC?  I dont
> understand how it can generate proper NTSC values from PAL settings that
> I am not using.

My TV can handle both PAL and NTSC. Nevertheless, the OSD is resized and
everything is displayed correctly when playing NTSC content.

I might be way off here..., but I assume that since all TV-standard
values in VDR are hardcoded to PAL, it is safe to use those values to
calculate the correct OSD size for NTSC material.

Have you already given the plugin a try?

André