[vdr] deleting empty directories on a samba shared drive

Peter Sulatycke psulatyc at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 21:39:02 CET 2007

I have two samba shared video drives on my vdr system.  Everything works
great except empty directories are not erased on these drives.  They are
erased on my Linux drives.  I can manually erase directories on these
drivers with rmdir under Linux.  There does appear to be any permission
errors.  The error in syslog states the "device or resource is busy".  Any
ideas on what the conflict is?

I would like to reproduce the exact command that vdr is issuing to erase the
empty directories.  I traced it to a remove(DirName) command in tools.c  I
don't see code for the remove function.  Where is remove defined?

Thanks for any help!

Pete