[vdr] Re: vdr doesn't recognise some remote keys when using LIRC

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 02:15:11 CET 2007

In <30425448-2BF4-4510-8DB1-09849F5F2C16 at pobox.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2007, at 11:44, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>
> >I'm using a lirc setup with inputlircd daemon with a hauppauge
> >remote on a dvb card. Everything works with the remote plugins
> >using /dev/input/eventX, but I'm trying to share the remote with
> >several applications.
> >
> >For some reason when trying to learn keys with LIRC, when I'm
> >running the inputlircd daemon, VDR refuses to react to them. I can
> >see the keys being interpreted properly with irw. Does anyone know
> >why this can be?
>
> The keycodes that vdr doesn't recognize (as output by irw) are:

[Snip]

> Any idea? Is there any mask of some sort in VDR that prevents certain
> keycodes to be recognized?
>
> (I'm using inputlircd daemon).

I know my last reply was completely useless, but...

With LIRC clients don't you have to provide a lircrc with entries to map
each key to a command for each application? Have you checked your lircrc
is OK? Or should the keycodes get passed straight on to the client (VDR)
if you don't provide lircrc entries for it?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk