[vdr] VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Wolfgang Fritz wolfgang.fritz at gmx.net
Sun Mar 18 19:07:18 CET 2007

Heikki Manninen schrieb:
> On su, 2007-03-18 at 15:46 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> You can disable all the cThread::EmergencyExit() calls if you don't want
>> this. Maybe I should disable this by default in a future version - and wait
>> until people start complaining because recordings are broken... ;-)
>
> I personally don't believe/experience that driver problems cause broken
> recordings nowadays or have been causing them in the past year or two.

That's my experience too. My VDR has a Nexus FF card and a Skystar 2
budget card and the only situations I get emergency exits are

1. Bad weather
2. If VDR is used in locations where only one Sat connection is available.

For problem 2 it would be nice if VDR would try other cards first if the
card it wants to use for a recording gets no signal before giving up
with emergency exit.

Wolfgang