[vdr] VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sun Mar 18 19:21:04 CET 2007

Heikki Manninen schrieb:

>On su, 2007-03-18 at 15:46 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>You can disable all the cThread::EmergencyExit() calls if you don't want
>>this. Maybe I should disable this by default in a future version - and wait
>>until people start complaining because recordings are broken... ;-)
>>

>I personally don't believe/experience that driver problems cause broken
>recordings nowadays or have been causing them in the past year or two.
>
>I find this behaviour very irritating in VDR - mainly because of the
>facts in list thread "Handling of temporarily encrypted channels"
>recently.

Shouldn't it be enough to do not sprecify -w option ? :

  -w SEC,   --watchdog=SEC activate the watchdog timer with a timeout of SEC
                           seconds (default: 0); '0' disables the watchdog

If not,  in future vdr versions it should maybe handled like that ? I
personally own a card combo which have needed this feature one of the
most i guess (TT FF + SkyStar2 both SAT) and with drivers since around
2.6.16 it's running rock stable now. Wasn't there development ongoing to
be able to do a "live" ARM reset without reloading the driver within a
fraction of the time ?

My 2 cents are, it was "a good thing" but nowadays something more
sophisticated should be put in place. Think nobody would mind 1-3
restart to get the driver going, but after that the recording should be
switched off and a comment or status should mark it with the reason of
failing. (all only thinking in new dev version development direction.

Steffen