[vdr] VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Mar 18 23:59:47 CET 2007

Heikki Manninen wrote:
> On su, 2007-03-18 at 15:46 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> You can disable all the cThread::EmergencyExit() calls if you don't want
>> this. Maybe I should disable this by default in a future version - and wait
>> until people start complaining because recordings are broken... ;-)
>
> I personally don't believe/experience that driver problems cause broken
> recordings nowadays or have been causing them in the past year or two.

Well, at least I will re-enable (or reverse-patch) this feature back
into my VDR, as it saved many recordings for me. This fallback is only
triggered if a scheduled recording is getting not a single byte of data
for at least one minute, so there's IMHO something seriously wrong about
it. And in many cases, a clean restart fixes this for me - because for
me its usually a malfunction of the tuner / multiswitch communication,
and a power down / power up of all LNB power helps.

Cheers,

Udo