[vdr] Re: AW: VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 02:32:46 CET 2007

I demand that martin may or may not have written...

[snip]
> That’s crazy man!
      ^
Was that supposed to be an apostrophe? I ask because I see here a box symbol,
representing an unknown character...

Your message's headers say ISO8859-1. Character code 0x92 is undefined in
ISO8859-1, and therefore may not be properly viewable everywhere (except with
software which has workarounds for broken messages generated by buggy MS
software).

> Solve the problem, but do not disturb the whole system.

You should take your own advice - stop using broken MS products, or at least
configure them to use the correct encoding, in this case Windows-1252.

(Actually, in that encoding, it's a single close quotation mark, not an
apostrophe. So, strictly, it's *still* wrong, but at least it'd look
something like what it's supposed to be.)

[snip]

[snip]

That's not properly quoted. It could be taken for text that *you*'ve written.

Again, you should take your own advice.

And don't top-post.

| + Output *more* particulate pollutants.      BUFFER AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING.

I'd like to, but I have to go to the post office to see if I'm still wanted.