[vdr] VDR stops replay due to strong wind condition

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Mon Mar 19 09:44:46 CET 2007

Hi!

On Sunday 18 March 2007 17:45, Heikki Manninen wrote:
> On su, 2007-03-18 at 15:46 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > You can disable all the cThread::EmergencyExit() calls if you don't
> > want this. Maybe I should disable this by default in a future version -
> > and wait until people start complaining because recordings are
> > broken... ;-)
>
> I personally don't believe/experience that driver problems cause broken
> recordings nowadays or have been causing them in the past year or two.

I don't know who's fault it is but I would have broken recordings if there
would be no emergency exit. It doesn't happen often, but most of the time
(or always?) I get "unknown picture type" or "video datastream broken"
errors if following conditions are met:
- EPG scan ON
- VDR runs some time before recording starts. E.g. when replaying a
recording and an EPG scan has been performed before starting recording.

I never have that problem if EPG scan is off.
My VDR box has to FF DVB-s cards and it happened with different VDR (atm
1.4.6), kernel (atm 2.6.18.6), dvb driver (atm Friday's "refactoring"
repository) and firmware (atm F12623) releases.

So emergency exit is needed on my box, but I would prefer to have the cause
for UPT and VDSB fixed ;)

Regards,
Andreas
--